.08 cm of textual records
Holy Trinity Anglican Church (Newholm, Ont.) lies along Brunel Road, which runs through the Lake of Bays area. There have been two churches at this site. The first church, Trinity Anglican Church, was constructed of logs and stood from 1877 to 1888. This church took on the education of the children in reading, writing and sums, as well as religious knowledge, as well it was a social centre for over 40 pioneer families. The first priest-in-charge was Robert Wetmore Plante, who was educated at Montreal Diocesan Theological College. He was made deacon in 1884 and priest in 1885. In
The present building was constructed in 1889. It is heated by a very attractive pot- bellied stove. The baptismal font is hand-carved by William Morgan, and is reputed to be made up of every type of wood to be found in Muskoka. It was exhibited at the Chicago World Fair in the 1890s. Morgan was one of the first to be buried in the graveyard. Also of interest is the organ. This was financed in large part by the efforts of Alberta Howard, who knitted socks for lumberjacks in return for contributions to the organ.
The windows and other contents were removed from the church after it was deconsecrated in the spring of 2010.