[Digitized 2006 (originally created ca. 1960-1975)]
16 MB of graphic material. - 40 photographs : col. ; (jpeg)
Thematically by item type
Lejac Indian Residential School operated from 1910-1976. It was located on the Shore of Fraser Lake, British Columbia. The school was named after Father Jean-Marie Lejac, an Oblate missionary who co-founded the mission at Fort Saint James in 1873. The school was operated by the Roman Catholic Church under the government of Canada.
After the school closed the land was transferred to the Nadleh Indian Band, a cemetery and a memorial remains on the site.
Collection comprises photographs of students, staff, and activities at Lejac Indian Residential School in Fraser Lake British Columbia.
Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre