[Digitized 2004 (originally created 1940-1966)]
356 MB of graphic material. - 62 photographs (tiff)
The Cecilia Indian Residential School operated in Kenora, Ontario, Treaty 3 Territory from 1902 to 1974. From 1902-1929 the school was affiliated with the United Church and was located on the Shoal Lake Indian Reserve. From 1929-1974 the school was affiliated with the Presbyterian Church and was located at Round Lake, Northeast of Kenora, Ontario.
The school was named in memory of a member of the Women's Missionary Society, who had worked as the secretary of Indian work in the northwest.
Series comprises photographs of students, staff, activities, and events at the Cecilia Jeffrey Indian Residential School.
The photographs in this series were scanned/copied, in part, by Andrea Auger of the NAN IRS Research Unit from files located at the Oblate Centre du Patrimoine, la Société historique de Sainte-Boniface and the Impact Northern Ministries of Red Lake. Additional photographic material was provided by Josias Fiddler, Saul Day, and NAN Deputy Grand Chief Goyce Kakegamic
Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre