[Digitized 2005 (originally created 1930-1960)]
11.4 GB of graphic material. - 139 photographs: b&w ; (tiff)
St. Thomas' Anglican Church is an historic Anglican church edifice built by the Hudson's Bay Company in Moose Factory, Ontario, Canada. Construction on the church started in 1864 and was completed in 1885.
John Horden, the first missionary for the parish arrived in the area on August 26, 1851. Horden translated common prayers and hymns into Cree and started a school and holding services for what would become St. Thomas' Church.
St. Thomas' Anglican Church is still an active parish in the Anglican Diocese of Moosonee. Services are conducted in the Cree language and in English. Since October 2006, the historic church has not been used for services and needs significant repairs. The congregation uses another building that was formerly a Catholic church.
Collection comprises portrait style photographs of children from the Moose Fort Indian Residential School.
Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre