[Digitized 2006 (originally created 1930-1950)]
45.8 MB of graphic material. - 136 photographs : b&w (jpeg)
Thematically by item type
The Ermineskin Indian Residential School operated in Hobbema from 1894 – 1973. The Ermineskin school was administered by the Roman Catholic Church. Following the closure of the Residential School in 1973, the Ermineskin School building was used by the Canadian federal government to run a day school until 1991. The Ermineskin band took over ownership of the building in 1991 and the building was developed into a community school.
Collection comprises photographs of students, staff, and activities of the Ermineskin Residential School and the Hobbema community.
Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre