.85 m of textual records
1 photograph : col.
The Anglican Church Women (ACW) of Canada is a loosely knit fellowship of all women in the Anglican Church of Canada and others who support the purpose of the Anglican Church Women of Canada.
The Purpose is to give women of the Anglican Church the opportunity to unite in a fellowship of worship, study and service which will lead them into Christian service in the parish, community, diocese, nation and world.
The ACW is the successor to the Women's Auxiliary (1885), which in 1966, by resolution of General Synod and the acceptance by the Dominion Board, was amalgamated with other women's ministries such as Mother's Union, and Chancel Guild to come under the umbrella of Anglican Church Women. The units came together with varying and varied formats, some formally incorporated and others merely changing their names and continuing on with the basic structures and practices of W.A. The Women’s Unit at the National Church level administered them.
In the Diocese of Algoma, the ACW is organized at levels of Diocesan board, Deanery units, and Parishes.
The fonds comprises records documenting the activities of the Women's Auxiliary and the Anglican Church Women - Diocese of Algoma. Includes minutes, reports, constitutions and by-laws, financial records newspaper clippings, photographs, and other material.