[Digitized 2005 (originally created 1930-1960)]
108 MB of graphic material. - 55 photographs (tiff)
The McIntosh Indian Residential School was open from March 1925 to June 1969. It was affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church and run by the Oblates. It was located in McIntosh, Ontario, in Treaty 3 Territory.
Series comprises photographs of students, events, staff, and buildings at the McIntosh Indian Residential School.
The photographs in this series were scanned/copied, in part, by Andrea Auger of the NAN IRS Research Unit from files located at the Oblate Centre du Patrimoine, la Société historique de Sainte-Boniface and the Impact Northern Ministries of Red Lake. Additional photographic material was provided by Josias Fiddler, Saul Day, and NAN Deputy Grand Chief Goyce Kakegamic
Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre