The first stone church in the Diocese of Algoma was the Mission Church of St. Luke, Sault Ste. Marie, built in 1870; in 1873 it became St. Luke's Pro-Cathedral. In 1896 it was enlarged by additions of the north and south transepts and a chancel at the eastern end and a bell-tower at the western end. After a disastrous fire in 1952, the current Cathedral was erected in 1953-1954; the south wall of the 1870 structure was incorporated into the new building.
Fonds comprises records documenting activities at St. Luke's Anglican Cathedral (Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.). Includes Anglican Church Women / Women's Auxiliary minutes, correspondence, newspaper clippings and financial records, and other materials. Also includes parish histories, blue-prints, vestry minutes and registers, financial records and other materials.
St. Luke's parish registers are located at the Cathedral.