The parish of Christ Church (Lively, Ont.) began in 1948 by students Donald Brown and Ernest Gillbody. The basement walls were poured on Thanksgiving Day, October 13, 1952. Services were first held in Lake Street Hall in Creighton Mine and private homes in Lively.
The original church began as a basement with a completed front entrance and tower. The tower contained an apartment which Rev. Arthur Crisp lived in for 18 years. In 1958 construction of the present-day Christ Church began. The first service in the new church took place on Christmas Eve of that year.
Incumbents of Christ Church and its predecessor mission include the Revered G. Thompson and students James Jackson, Nelson Adair, and John Jordan, 1948-1952; the Reverend Arthur Crisp, 1952-1970; the Reverend James Hinchcliffe, 1970-1975; the Reverend Robert Flowers, 1975-1985; the Reverend Franklin Dow, 1985-1994; the Reverend Harry Huskins and the Venerable Susan De Gruchy, 1995-2000; the Reverend Glen Miller, 2000-present.
Fonds comprises one sous fonds: SF00156 Christ Anglican Church (Lively, Ont.) sous fonds. It is a single point parish.