.41 m of textual records|33 plaques
The Anglican Parish of the Resurrection (Sudbury, Ont.) began as a mission chapel of the Church of the Epiphany by the Reverend P. F. Bull. A small chapel building was erected adjoining the Anglican cemetery in 1938. Mrs. P. Bull and Mrs. B. Scharf organized the first Sunday School, and in 1940 a Ladies' Guild was formed.
The mission became a church in 1952 and the first Rector, the Reverend George S. Honour, arrived in late 1953. Parish members built a 16 ft. extension to the church in 1953, and in 1954 the Rectory was constructed on adjoining land.
In 1958 a new church building was constructed; it was dedicated in 1959.
Rectors of the parish: Rev. George S. Honour (1953-1959), Rev. Fred G. Roberts (1959-1969), Rev. B. R. Brazill (1970-1973), Rev. Canon J. G. M. Doolan (1974-1982), Rev. J. R. Kelsey (1982-
Fonds comprises records documenting the activities of the Anglican Parish of the Resurrection (Sudbury, Ont.). Includes vestry books, vestry board records, parish registers, plaques, G.A. and A.C.W. records, and property plans and blue-prints.